If your baby bouncer has plastic toys, you can remove and put them in the gentle cycle in your dishwasher, you can wipe them with baby wipes, or just live them in a warm bath with a chemical-free, mild soap in your sink. Soft toys, soft removable supports and fabric covers are machine-washable, you can wash them at 30 or maximum 40 degrees even daily.
For an easier solution just follow the steps below:
- Take the plastic and soft toy bar off the bouncer.
- Take the ingenuity bouncer’s music box off. (be careful do NOT wash it in the washing machine!)
- Unclip the back buckles.
- Remove the fabric cover.
- Wash the removed bouncer cover.
- Air-dry the fabric rather than putting it in the tumble dryer. Caution! If you dry the cover outside in the sun, it can lose its colour!
- Put the cover back on the frame.
- Put toys and music box back on the bouncer.
If the cover is stained, you can get it out with a damp cloth sprinkled with baking powder and scrub it vigorously to remove it, then put it in the washing machine and wash it at 30-40 degrees. The baking powder can be used safely on the fabric/textile parts because it has no side effects on your child.
Don’t use a sponge on your baby bounce because a sponge can trap bacteria which can spread to other surfaces if you reuse it again.
Dump clothes sprinkled with baking soda can be used not only on fabrics but also on buckles, frames and music boxes.